BRAIS LORENZO COUTO
Superior Technician of Photography from Antonio Faílde School of Superior Art and Design in Ourense and graduated in Geography and History from the University of Vigo.
Since 2010 he works as contributor at EFE Agency and the Faro de Vigo newspaper. He has taken photographs for other media such as El País, El Mundo, La Vanguardia, ABC, Público, Eldiario.es, La Marea, Nós Diario, Revista Luzes, The Guardian and agencies such as AFP and AP, in addition to carrying out different institutional works.
He worked with NGOs such as Greenpeace and currently collaborates with the Red Cross communication department.
Some of his works have been included in various photographic exhibitions, such as Art & Photo Exhibition (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia), for the NGO Sara Canizzaro Child Minders Association; Absolute Reality, at the Geraldes dá Silva Gallery (Porto, Portugal); Rande: pé ou refuxio do Capitán Nemo, at the La Nacional cultural center in Manhattan (New York, USA); Building a New World, at the Albertina Academy of Fine Arts (Turin, Italy); Visual Anthropology of a Confined Society, in the Ethnological Museum, (Ribadavia, Spain); Galicia en Vilo, at the Afundación Headquarters (A Coruña, Spain) or At the Scenes of the Pandemic, at the National Museum of Contemporary History (Seoul, South Korea).
- 2021: POYi Daily Life singles – Winner
- Ortega y Gasset Journalism Award
- News Photo Awards – Grand Prize
- Estaçao Imagem – Winner Picture of the Year
- Sony World Photography Awards Portfolio Category – 2nd prize
- POY Latam. Daily Life singles – 2nd prize
- POYi Local Photographer of the year – Finalist
- POYi Local News Picture Story – Award of excelence
- NPPA – Best of Photojournalism 2020 – Contemporary Issues – Third place
- Xose Aurelio Carracedo Journalism Award
- Luis Ksado Award – Finalist
- Zampa Award – Finalist
- Selected to participate in Descubrimientos PHE 2021
- 2020: Finalist of the II Joana Biarnés Grant for Young Photojournalists
- 2017: Special mention in the Galicia en Foco award
- 2013: Winner of the SINIF firepress photography award at the National Symposium on Forest Fires
- 2012: Winner of the SINIF firepress photography award at the National Symposium on Forest Fires